Contributes to managing inventory and ordering parts and works to meet customers’ needs.
Is strong interpersonally, establishing rapport with customers in person and on the phone and asking questions that help to locate the needed parts or service and any related parts or service in which customers might be interested.
Must know which parts are in inventory, require reordering, or must be specially ordered.
Assists the manager in resolving discrepancies between the computer inventory and the actual parts available in bins.
Obtains the information needed to place special orders and ensures that the correct parts are sent.
Must research the availability of certain parts, either within the retail facility or from other sources as necessary, and must be able to search part numbers using the computer or standard catalogs.
Is aware of seasonal requirements for parts that arise as a result of recalls or specials in the Service Department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to receive customers, establish rapport, and determine and attend to customers’ needs
- Ability to match customers’ needs with appropriate parts or services
- Knowledge of automotive systems in general
- Knowledge of and ability to monitor inventory in order to determine which parts require special ordering
- Knowledge of parts counter procedures, such as requiring prepayment for special orders, etc.
- Ability to search part numbers or to use the computer and standard catalogs
- Ability to monitor bins and determine which parts need reordering
- Ability to accurately track parts
- Ability to monitor lost sales for inventory control
- Ability to assist the Parts Manager in analyzing and resolving discrepancies between computer inventory and actual parts on hand
- Knowledge of procedures for ordering special parts or parts with no published part numbers
- Ability to identify and acknowledge the receipt of warranty (used) parts
- Manufacture and assemble hydraulic hoses
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management and Continuous Improvement.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Parts Ordering.
- Inventory Management and Analysis.
- Quality Control.
The noise level in the office setting is usually moderate. Exposure to loud vehicle/machine noises when in the shop or at events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 175 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and/or two to three years’ previous experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Speak English fluently.
AAP/EEO Statement Ponsse is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. Ponsse strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All Ponsse employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.